Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Reds Trade, Not Add a Starting Pitcher
(01-23-2017, 11:48 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Dan Strailey wasn't taking us to the playoffs this year. He was a journeyman with a fluke year and the Reds sold high.

You can't complain about that. Even if he has a good season this year as well. We got great value.
Instead of getting a veteran starting pitcher, we just traded one.  Spring Training soon upon us. Nope, Reds are NOT bringing in veteran starters as they claimed. Their sites are set further down the road than 2017.  They will be content in last place again as they stock up in the minors. Now the trick is these players in the minors getting to the majors and then in the majors becoming solid veterans which is many years away.  I would say the Reds are looking at 2020 or later, unless they keep trading those coming up for more minor league players, and then they are looking at never.

The Reds did say they were bringing in a veteran starter, and instead they traded one. I see that as bad news for 2017. I consider somebody winning 14 games for the last place 2016 Reds equal to somebody winning 20 games for a good team with hitting and a bullpen.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Reds Trade, Not Add a Starting Pitcher - kevin - 01-24-2017, 08:43 AM