Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
(01-24-2017, 02:45 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Chris Henry has a long list of public incidents and he has only played for one NFL team. Being on an NFL team in Cincy brings you more exposure than working as a banker in Cincy. Athletes are celebs and get paid lots of money because people are willing to throw oodles of cash at the NFL. If people are willing to spend their hard earned money on professional sports to extent that we do in this country it no doubt puts athletes up on a pedestal which raises their status in society. Entertainment is king in the USA. Just simply saying nobody associates Chris Henry with the city of Cincy doesn't make it true. You said nothing to back that up. If that is the case why do people still refer to Bengals as criminals even though are arrest numbers have dropped drastically since the days of Henry? It's because that stigma hasn't been dropped because of what Henry and others caused. Look at the comment section to the link I gave there are people commenting that...

"Anyone surprised that this guy has the Cowboys on his resume?"

"Jerry Jones thinks he’s a leader"

Adam Jones had a brief stint with Dallas and yet people still mock Dallas for it.

Just because you choose not to associate pro athletes with the city they play in doesn't mean others in society don't.

If you get arrested out in public for what he got arrested for there is no way that's personal. He wasn't sitting in his house smoking a joint he was assaulting people physically, verbally and with his bodily fluids. Just because it happens all over doesn't justify it, doesn't make it funny and it doesn't make it a personal incident.

Strictly speaking about the football team how is this not another example of what we saw during the WC game or during the Bengals vs Oakland game bashing Amari's head? If he can't keep his cool while facing the law knowing the consequences if he acted out like a fool how can we trust him to do it on the field?

Real life scenario with harsh consequences = can't keep control

Football game with football game consequences = can't keep control

One is obviously more serious than the other and he failed at both.

That's not just a coincidence that's how Jones is a as a person and why he will be a liability for this team. Most people have issues with talent but Jones issues happen to intertwine with his real life issues.

I 100% understand to a degree what you're saying, but I disagree with the impact of all of this.

They refer to the Bengals as criminals, but not the CITY itself. And, frankly, what else is soemone going to say to talk trash at the Bengals? People still call the Bengals Bungles and there's no reason for that, either. There's a difference between general trash talking and the effects felt from these things. People haven't stopped watching the Bengals or going to the games because of anything any athlete has done inside or outside of the city. It just hasn't negatively impacted anything of consequence.

Adam Jones played for the Cowboys once, yet the city still got to host the 2011 Superbowl. People went. It sold out. Nobody was negatively affected.

If Adam Jones is arrested, convicted, etc. of a crime that is worthy of him being fired or suspended, he will be. But we don't have all of the information. Maybe it's better than what has been reported. Maybe it's worse. I think there could be more to it... or not. Either way, I don't see how it negatviely is a black eye on the city. If anything, something like Joey Porter being let go is a negative on a city. The arrested Jones and will deal with it appropriately.

if he stays on the Bengals then people will make fun and talk trash. Who cares? Every FL team has stuff like this happen on their roster. Minor BS stuff like this, in MY opinion, doesn't really matter. If Jones was found fighting animals or sexually abusing people and it was swept under the rug I would think that THAT would be a negative on the city and team. Not drunken BS like what he was arrested for.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-04-2017, 02:42 AM
RE: Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job” - PDub80 - 01-24-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Jpoore - 01-04-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - corpjet - 01-04-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - psychdoctor - 01-04-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Yojimbo - 01-04-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Hammerstripes - 01-04-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - psychdoctor - 01-04-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-05-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Jpoore - 01-05-2017, 02:22 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - CageTheBengal - 01-05-2017, 02:25 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - JumboTron - 01-05-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - grampahol - 01-05-2017, 03:06 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-24-2017, 07:13 AM