Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
(01-24-2017, 12:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I guess I just don't really care that much.

People say stupid crap when they get arrested. People say stupid crap when they are drunk. People say even stupider crap when they are drunk at the time of arrest. He didn't threaten to murder the cop or threaten injury to him. He dropped some classic guy-who-thinks-he's-a-big-deal lines and went to the clank for a few nights. Whoopdy do.

Adam Jones doesn't represent me, nor does he represent the city of Cincinnati (at least not in my opinion). He plays football. Who cares if he gets into it with a nightclub security guard and spouts off nonsense while being arrested? Is he the first guy to talk shit at a cop or spit while being arrested? Pffffft! That's none of my business as to what goes on in his personal life. If he was out actually beating women, kids, animals, destroying property, and actually causing damage to others lock him up. This misdemeanor BS is just that.

This doesn't get wiped out due to the bikes to the kids, nor do the bikes to the kids get wiped out due to him having a stupid night. Even though I've NEVER had a sip of booze, done drugs, been arrested, etc. I still understand that people act like morons and I'm not going to morally hold them to any standards above what the law does. Nothing significant is going to happen to him in the courts. If the Bengals cut him, great... $6.3m for them to spend better. If they don't, he still is a viable CB. Either way, it influences my fandom ZERO.

I think crap like this is hilarious to laugh at. Same deal with "Jerry" Porter. I laughed at that, too. These types of arrests and blowups happen to probably a thousand people every night across the US. Thinking some of these guys are different than any regular idiot isn't reasonable.

The NFL cares, which is why they are asked to sign something called a code of conduct. In it, it reads:

Quote:Standard of Conduct: While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances: • Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering; • Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances of abuse; • Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace; • Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace; • Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person; and • Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-04-2017, 02:42 AM
RE: Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job” - Hoofhearted - 01-24-2017, 03:53 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Jpoore - 01-04-2017, 07:42 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - corpjet - 01-04-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - psychdoctor - 01-04-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Yojimbo - 01-04-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Hammerstripes - 01-04-2017, 05:02 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - psychdoctor - 01-04-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-05-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Jpoore - 01-05-2017, 02:22 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - CageTheBengal - 01-05-2017, 02:25 AM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - JumboTron - 01-05-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - grampahol - 01-05-2017, 03:06 PM
RE: Cut Adam PACMAN Jones - Alleyviper13 - 01-24-2017, 07:13 AM