Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inauguration Day - My public thoughts
(01-24-2017, 04:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That is what gets me. The size of the inauguration crowd is silly to focus on, and we would not be talking about it today had Trump not sent Spicer out to the podium to lie to the press pool about it. Then, on Sunday, when the discussion from the media (that I saw at least) was about "why would you send Spicer out to lie over something so trivial as crowd size?" we got Conway retorting with "why are you talking about crowd size!? That's not important!" Well, no, it isn't, which is why we want to know why you would risk the credibility of the Press Secretary for the White House on something so stupid and, I'll use Chuck Todd's word for it, ridiculous.

This has been the most asinine thing. Like the MLK bust controversy. There was a mistake made. It was corrected immediately after being discovered and apologies were made, and accepted, on social media over it. But the story over the trivial continues because the administration enjoys trying to paint this narrative that the media is out to get them.

And that concerns me.

The federal government is huge. The reach is global. The problems we face are, in many ways, historic. And we're wasting time over **** waving about who had the biggest inauguration. Instead of spending time worrying about a litany of cans kicked down the road, several of the first few hours of the Trump term has been spent arguing about crowd size and where a bust got put.

Republicans (and I know Trump isn't with the mindset of the majority of his party) have said for 8 years (and the final few years of Bush The Second) that the only way to fix things is to give them absolute, unfettered control. The early hours of it have been spent worrying about ego and blowing through tax dollars.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inauguration Day - My public thoughts - Benton - 01-24-2017, 04:23 PM