Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whining Fox News Must’ve Forgotten How They Treated Obama On Day One
(01-24-2017, 06:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do they still do that?  I honestly don't watch it.  I don't have anything against them, it's just that it's the same thing over and over.

I don't know...I haven't paid attention to Fox News since I had that right-wing gf from 2007-2010.  I remember pointing out that Fox News seemed biased but her old man just explained that I only THINK it is right-wing because I've been conditioned to think all the left-wing news stations were unbiased.  Nothing quite as effective in an argument as assigning a faulty argument to your opponent and then proving the weak argument you gave him to be wrong.

Anyways, I recall Fox News trademarking the statement, repeating it during all their ads and bumpers, arguing in court that misrepresentation labeled as news was protected under the 1st Amendment, and claiming the term "fair and balanced" was merely a corporate slogan and not to be taken as a representation that what they were broadcasting was actually fair and/or balanced.

Toss in the fact that it was founded by tabloid magnate Rupert Murdoch and you have a veritable cornucopia of wackiness.

I just looked now, and apparently the FCC cracked down on them for their slogan and they had to change it?  News to me.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391570,00.asp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whining Fox News Must’ve Forgotten How They Treated Obama On Day One - Nately120 - 01-24-2017, 06:20 PM