Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whining Fox News Must’ve Forgotten How They Treated Obama On Day One
(01-24-2017, 05:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No it's coming from the entire left.  It's all they can say.  Fox, Fox, Fox.  And as I said, Fox gets 2.5 million prime time viewers, and they aren't all conservatives.  Donald Trump got over 60 million votes.  

You think there aren't liberal shows, blogs, sites that do the same thing because nobody talks about them, because nobody on the right is obsessed with it enough to mention it.  Do you really believe something like Huffington Post is unbiased?  MSNBC?  Do you think Media Matters is this magnanimous entity just trying to get the truth out?

How about this whole "Fake news".  All of a sudden everywhere you look, people are using the term.  Where did that come from?  Did everyone think up that exact term at the same time.

That's part of the polarization you can't even look at my opinion without bias without painting it as left or right. You're so consumed with fighting the Red vs Blue war you're trying to have an argument that isn't there. I'm not fighting for the left side.

You assume I think all conservative voters watch FOX News but then assume everyone who thinks fake news is an issue must be from the left? While not all conservatives watch FOX News part of the power they have obtained after gaining more viewers is that they have some control over the agenda for the Republicans.

That's partly why a lot of conservatives rode with Trump instead of the dozen other Republican options during the primaries because Trump had a message for the extremists that the established politicians wouldn't match. Why wouldn't the established politicians match Trump in anyway? Because they knew these idea were too extreme and toed the line morally. The right wing news groups kept pushing and pushing though during the Obama administration that they ended up pushing too hard.

FOX News is the biggest entity for fake news and twisting the narrative in this country so it's not unreasonable to call them out for it as the face of all fake news whether it be right news or left news. Who cares where the term fake comes from. It's an easy way for Americans to discuss the issue and condensing a large problem a lot of people have been noticing into a smaller phrase. Getting hung up on ridiculous stuff like that is why there isn't as many productive political conversations in this country.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whining Fox News Must’ve Forgotten How They Treated Obama On Day One - CageTheBengal - 01-24-2017, 06:28 PM