Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-25-2017, 03:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Posts like this just make you sound bitter and take away from some of your more realistic posts. Since when is there something called an "MVP also-ran"? As if writers just threw in some random scrubs to round out their lists. C'mon man...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-awards-watch--cam-newton-or-tom-brady-for-nfl-mvp--224901749.html

Sure, down the stretch it looked like Newton and Brady were the front runners. That doesn't mean guys like Palmer, Dalton and Wilson weren't within striking distance. They were, and there's zero reason to believe Dalton would've inexplicably fallen apart down the stretch.

That's not me saying Dalton was a front runner for MVP, but to even be in the discussion (top 5) means he had a damn fine season and to shrug that off as not even an MVP worthy season is kinda silly. He was on pace for 4100+ yards, over 35 TDs with the 2nd best rating in the NFL on one of the top teams. Yes it was MVP "worthy" in most given years. 

As for the oline stuff, I'll reverse your question. How many QBs would look great with the blocking and situations Dalton dealt with this season? I'd say 4-5. Dalton performed how I'd expect a 10-12 (good, not elite) type of QB to perform in a poor sitch. It's the type of season Matt Ryan had last year and he arguably had better circumstamces...easily.

Yup...pretty much.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-25-2017, 03:43 AM