Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-25-2017, 12:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: I feel that is true, but I don't think the supporting cast needs to be as good as you guys claim it needs to be......unless you mean the cast of Keystone Cops we have for a coaching staff.  I mean, he was surrounded with NFL talent at TCU when he and his Horned Frogs stunned Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl.  After watching the playoffs closer than I typically do, and without a beer, I saw what it's like to have disciplined and dominating lines.  To have coaches that don't panic at the first hint of their gameplan gone awry, to see mentally tough squads that don't let a turnover or two dictate the outcome of the game, and watching linebackers actually covering tight ends.....apparently not such a novel concept after all.

Remember, Palmer looked like dog dookie here in his lone playoff game, McCarron wasn't a world beater either.  Ditch Marv and his Merry Band of Tenured Bums, hire some more scouts, and watch this roster shine.

Do you think Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Newton, or ANY teams make it to the Super Bowl with subpar coaching?  Surely not.

PS....I don't recall ever saying Dalton=Brady, perhaps you can show me where I said that?
Wyche did not say you said that...but to act as if it was not stated in the tread is disingenuous. It would be impossible to list 
every comment or every poster that one would like to address. This seems to be the way many disengage in the topic at hand and turn it into a fact finding mission on post. Not saying you do this but it is what happens.

To the Rose bowl comment, he was not playing against NFL talent either. So i am not sure what the point is. 

The Bengals teams of the past several years have been considered to be very talented. We all agree on this until the outcome of the season. Then when the team does dot reach its goals it is because Dalton does not have the talent he needs to succeed. How much fricking talent does this guy need?????

Does the coaching panic at the first hint of their game plan gone awry" yes
Are the players "mentally tough"? no - COUNTING DALTON  "let a turnover or two dictate the outcome of the game"

Like I have said many times....he is mid-tier. Could he have lead one of the New England teams, or Steelers teams to one of their recent Super Bowls...probably. I have never said he is a liability. I do not do believe he could do what Newton, Manning, Manning, Palmer, Flacco, Ryan, Rivers and others have done with less talented teams. THE ARGUMENT IS NOT CAN HE WIN WITH A STACKED TEAM...it is does he possess the talent and leadership to win in the playoffs here? to date the FACT is no he does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - Rhinocero23 - 01-25-2017, 01:26 PM