Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round
(01-25-2017, 03:29 AM)TKUHL Wrote: LOL I know its funny right. If you asked anyone midway into the season what we need with the first pick almost everyone would have said Oline. Now that we have all these tempting skill positions and hyped up players at other positions that we can get its no longer the #1 priority. Im to blame also for wanted a DE in the first maybe even a LB but it all depends who's there. I just hate the argument that the best Oline player is not worth a #9 pick but is worth the 16th pick??? WTF unless you have 2 picks before 16 it shouldnt matter. If the guy is the best at that position he wont be there in the 2nd so you might as well take him at 9 while you can. If he turns out to be a franchise OT for the next 10 years who gives a shit where he was taken.

Honestly, I don't see an OT that is worth a top 20 pick.  Cam Robinson isn't a great pass blocker - he can run block pretty well, but that doesn't help our major problem.   The Bengals aren't going to burn a 1st round pick on an OT when they have 2 young guys and Whitworth.

The real problem with the O-line is that we have a C that really sucks.  That can be addressed in the 2nd round if need be.  We really need a pass rusher and hopefully we take Tim Williams either at 9 or by moving back.  I have a feeling that Guenther and Marvin could carve out a Peter Boulware type role for him.  He immediately makes our secondary better with his pass rush.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - Jpoore - 01-19-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - ZWP - 01-20-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: Kipers 1st mock draft 1st round - Hammerstripes - 01-25-2017, 04:50 PM