Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengaly are FA once bit, twice shy
(01-24-2017, 11:29 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The real problem with free agency these days is the new cap rules.  Since teams HAVE to spend up to a certain amount, the contracts are getting out of hand.

A "decent" corner is getting $10 million per year now.  I don't blame teams for not spending in free agency these days.

On another note, it's too bad that injuries hampered some of those signings.  Odom was an impact guy for us and there's no doubt in my mind that Utecht and Wharton would have been good fits.

When the new CBA was created, one of the goals was to get veterans more money so we wouldn't see those huge rookie contracts anymore. However, the rising cap has allowed a lot of teams to hang onto players they normally couldn't. So now we're met with a FA market that's not as deep as it used to be. That's why we see some middle of the road guys get gigantic deals.

I would just like the Bengals to actually be players one year and try to get a legit guy, or two, and stop "waiting for the dust to settle" like we always here. Yeah you'll find a bargain, but you'll also find less talented players.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengaly are FA once bit, twice shy - Bengal Dude - 01-25-2017, 05:31 PM