Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What Really Hurts About Mike Brown Family Right Now
The Bengals will always be what they are with Mike Brown at the helm. I also agree that he does want to win, he just has no ***** clue how to do it. Even though his way is obviously not working, he refuses to change and jump into this century of football thinking.

On the most recent Hard Knocks that the Bengals were on, Marvin Lewis talked about how Mike Brown constantly toys with lineups and with personnel packages. I find it impossible to believe that he simply does that to pass the time. No matter how much "control" Marvin has, I have no doubt that Mike Brown is in his ear with what he wants. I understand he's the owner and GM, but he is also the worst owner and worst GM in the entire goddamn league.

We always save the most for draft picks (even with the rookie wage scale), we always save to most for injuries (even though no one significant is still floating around late in the season), we always roll money over to the next year (whomever we draft in 2019, we may want to re-sign), and we constantly dig through the rest of the leagues scraps in free agency (because the ineptitude of the medical staff allowed them to throw money at Antonio Bryant). Even with the lack of nationwide appeal and bandwagon fans, Mike Brown makes A LOT of money. While I do not question his desire to win, I do believe his desire to make tons of money trumps his desire to win.

Other signs that point to Brown's desire for money over desire to win is Brown being the GM instead of paying one, the Bengals having the smallest scouting department in the NFL, still employing a medical staff that seems to have no clue as to what the hell they're doing, no practice bubble, no Ring of Honor or team Hall of Fame to recognize former team greats, the Bengals approach to free agency, and I'm sure there's more but I'm doing all of this off the top of my head.

I do want to fire Marvin Lewis and I definitely want to see Paul Alexander hit the bricks, but as long as Czar Brown is in charge, it doesn't even matter. Best coaching staff/worst coaching staff, good free agents/almost out the league free agents, top medical staff/hang nail ends a season week 1 medical staff, etc, etc doesn't matter. As long as Mike Brown keeps his meddling fingers in the middle of everything, playoff appearances are about the best we can hope for.

All of that aside, I love my Bengals and I always will. Yeah, it's tough to continue to support an owner who couldn't give a shit less about his fans, but there's no way I could find myself rooting for another team. Orange and black is in my blood.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Really Hurts About Mike Brown Family Right Now - muskiesfan - 01-25-2017, 06:58 PM