Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What Really Hurts About Mike Brown Family Right Now
(01-26-2017, 12:05 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have felt for a long time now that it comes down to passion for the game and for the team.  Take Paul Allen, Arthur Blank, Robert Kraft.  Guys like this made their money in other ventures, and then they bought a football team because they had passion for the league and for owning a team.  It's not a business to them, or at least it is not a business first.  It is about winning, something they are used to doing in most facets of their lives.

I think Mike Brown's passion is in the business side of the league.  Making sure that his family is taken care of, that his children and grandchildren are financially stable and can live off the "family business" which just happens to be a football team.  I think Paul Brown could have just as easily opened a widget factory or fruit distribution company and Mike's focus would have been the same.  And for the record, there is nothing wrong with wanting to take care of your family, in fact it is a noble goal.  I just don't know how well it lines up with professional sports.

Agreed. There is no salary cap on a scouting department.

If you're not going to sign many external free agents...then you better be really good at drafting.

Lets face it...not signing free agents places A LOT of pressure on drafting.
You have to hit basically every year as there is no margin of error to just fill a roster spot with a top-end free agent. Missing on a guy like Bodine hurts bad for many years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Really Hurts About Mike Brown Family Right Now - THE PISTONS - 01-26-2017, 12:07 PM