Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
Agree almost completely with Rhino's last post. While I think Dalton's arm is more "average" than "weak", it's not one of his strengths. It's not one of Brees' or Brady's either. No I'm not comparing Dalton to those guys, I'm just using them as examples of why arm strength is probably the most overrated aspect of QB play.

Cutler has arguably the strongest arm in the NFL, but his rumored weakness is that he can only read half the field. Dalton is better than him in every category outside of arm strength, and therefore a far superior QB. As far as leadership...I think it's overrated. I think QBs that win are viewed as leaders. Rodgers and Ryan were once questioned in that department. Does anyone question their leadership now?

I don't think Dalton will ever be a top 20% (top 6) QB, but he has the tools to play at a top 10 level. Like Rhino said, any QB outside the top 5-6 needs help. Heck, I'd even argue that ALL QBs need help to reach the SB. I can't think of any examples of a QB lifting a totally crappy team to a SB. Either way, Dalton is not going to get that help here.

If you look at all the Falcons have done to help Ryan over the last couple years, I can't envision the Bengals doing half of that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - Shake n Blake - 01-26-2017, 02:37 PM