Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans
(01-26-2017, 02:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think Dalton will ever be a top 20% (top 6) QB, but he has the tools to play at a top 10 level. Like Rhino said, any QB outside the top 5-6 needs help. Heck, I'd even argue that ALL QBs need help to reach the SB. I can't think of any examples of a QB lifting a totally crappy team to a SB. Either way, Dalton is not going to get that help here.

If you look at all the Falcons have done to help Ryan over the last couple years, I can't envision the Bengals doing half of that.

The NFL had been slobbering over Andrew Luck ever since he entered the league.  He has had weapons, a suspect offensive line, and not much of a running game (sound familiar?).  He was the HIGHEST rated prospect coming out of college EVER in a number of war rooms.  Yet, he is struggling to make the playoffs.  Why?  Because he can't do it by himself.  

Amazingly, he has taken an absolute beating while Dalton has been able to protect himself to an extent.  I would argue a part of that is Dalton's quick decisions and release.  Regardless, I think Luck is a perfect example that it takes an entire team to make it to the big game.  

Once Seattle lost a lot of its offensive line, Wilson regressed.  Look at how many playoff games Phillip Rivers has made.  He was a heck of a QB.  When Manning won two Super Bowls, how many people thought that he was suddenly not a turnover machine and they won because of him?  Sure, he was a part of it, but like so many other examples, it takes a really strong supporting cast for all NFL QBs to make the Super Bowl or to even make the playoffs.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom Brady and Andy Dalton against Texans - SHRacerX - 01-27-2017, 07:17 AM