Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live vs Memorex
(01-26-2017, 11:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: My thought is A, but with a caveat. Maybe I'm a bit of an idealist, but I have faith in our system to prevent real irreparable harm from happening. The checks and balances, the federal system, these things exist for a reason. I do think that Trump, under the influence of Bannon and some others, is going to make attempts at power grabs and overreach. Right now there is the honeymoon period that exists in Washington when (almost) everyone under one party banner is singing the same tune. But, Trump is not a Republican, he is not a Democrat, he is just a narcissist. Once we get out of the honeymoon phase there could be things he will try to do that will unify the legislature against him, the courts could keep him in check, who knows?

I have faith in the system to prevent things from becoming too gnarly. Maybe I'm naive, but that's just my opinion on things. I also have faith that this nation will correct itself, politically. I think that we will find common ground eventually, that the people will take the power back. It's just going to take time.

No I think you are right.  Republicans aren't going to rubber stamp crazy.  In the end most of these men and women in Congress don't want the ship rocked too much.  They are quite comfortable and want to remain that way.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Live vs Memorex - xxlt - 01-25-2017, 08:52 PM
RE: Live vs Memorex - Nately120 - 01-25-2017, 09:03 PM
RE: Live vs Memorex - GMDino - 01-25-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: Live vs Memorex - hollodero - 01-25-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: Live vs Memorex - Dill - 01-26-2017, 12:15 AM
RE: Live vs Memorex - BengalHawk62 - 01-26-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: Live vs Memorex - Belsnickel - 01-26-2017, 11:33 AM
RE: Live vs Memorex - michaelsean - 01-27-2017, 10:33 AM