Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offseason To-Do List
(01-27-2017, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Basically, I see the draft like this:

IF we stay at the spot we're at...we should go skill player like Mike Williams, Fournette, or Cook. These are the type of guys that we don't have a shot at in free agency and they are gone before our late teens to 20's pick. Rueben Foster is another consideration here.

IF we want to go defensive or offensive line...trade down.

Cook vs Fournette is a tough decision. Fournette will run over guys but he doesn't really make guys miss. Cook is GREAT at that plus he's a receiving threat. He's more Edgerrin James which I think would be good in our offense. He also has off-the-field concerns.

Agreed.  The off field concerns with the battery are kinda iffy.  A third party at the scene said there were no punches thrown, which is why the charges were dropped.  His teammate, Deondre Johnson was banned from the team for his battery. There was the BB gun fight though.

(01-27-2017, 02:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Here's what I'd like to see:

1. Draft Fournette or Cook at #9. Dump Hill.
2. Re-sign Whitworth and Zeitler. Sign FA RT. Draft C in 2nd round
3. Resign DreKirk and LaFell.
4. Sign veteran pass catching TE. Dump Kroft.
5. Look for speed at LB and pass rushers in FA as well as rounds 3-4 of draft
6. Cut Pacman. Let WJIII start. Find CB depth in draft or FA.
7. Fire Paul Alexander yesterday.
8. Have an open kicking competition with Bullock, Brown and a late rounder.

If they did all of this, I think we'd go right back to being a dominant AFC power. Still hard to see a playoff run with Marv at HC though.

I'm on board 100%.

(01-27-2017, 03:16 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think they should cut both Adam and Maualuga. That adds another 10m to the cap... which means they should have no problem signing Whit, Dre and Zeitler.

I could also see them looking at a guy like RT- Menelik Watson in free agency. While he's had injury issues with Oakland, his talent was never really in question. When healthy, he's played pretty well. He's also a guy the Bengals scouted heavily and were said to have been ready to pick if Andre hadn't re-signed. Because of the injury history and having only 17 career starts...a team will probably get him for a very reasonable deal. It just seems like a Bengals type of signing. 

As far as the draft...my two 1st round favorites right now are Fournette and Thomas, but I also really like Foster and Williams as well.

Adam, Hockaloogie, and Peko should be gone.

(01-27-2017, 03:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: My off-season "to do" list is, to forget about this team on the field and the asshats that run it, until August, and then see if i have any energy to root for them once they start playing again. 

That energy has been dwindling more and more with each passing season.

I feel your pain my friend.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Offseason To-Do List - Mer - 01-27-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: Offseason To-Do List - milksheikh - 01-27-2017, 02:06 PM
RE: Offseason To-Do List - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-27-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: Offseason To-Do List - THE PISTONS - 01-27-2017, 02:26 PM
RE: Offseason To-Do List - CageTheBengal - 01-27-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Offseason To-Do List - Shake n Blake - 01-27-2017, 02:48 PM
RE: Offseason To-Do List - Derrick - 01-27-2017, 07:06 PM