Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What Really Hurts About Mike Brown Family Right Now
(01-27-2017, 12:34 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'd say stubborn as hell bordering on clinically insane.

The post was in reply to someone saying that he doesn't care about winning, and I think he does. By all counts, from everything you read from people who actually talk to him and have no reason to lie, the guy wants to win but he is stubborn as hell and wants to do it "his way." 

Yes, I agree completely that his way does not and will not work. However, he is the owner and unfortunately he will not see it any other way than his way. Just have to hope Katie sees it differently and continues to take over more and more control of the team.

He wants to win but he's also committed to spending over a quarter of a century doing things that clearly prevent winning?  I don't buy it.  I mean, he could WANT to win, like I WANT to win the lottery...but he doesn't do anything that might lead to winning, and I don't even play the lottery so what does that 'want" really get us in the end?

It's clear that Mike Brown's primary goal is to make money, keep costs down, provide jobs and security for his friends and family, AND if he manages to win in the football sense during all that, so much the better...but winning on the field clearly isn't his goal in life.  I can't knock Mike Brown for the way he does stuff and the priorities he holds that are inferred via the behaviors he displays, but I can't give him the credit that he's actually trying to win, either.  He just isn't.

It was abundantly clear very early in his run as the owner/GM that he simply did not have the ability to adequately run an NFL team in a manner which keeps up with, or exceeds the league average.  It's been nearly 20 years since the Akili Smith debacle and Mike Brown is still this team's GM.  The guy would like to have a winning team, but he's clearly never put in the effort it takes to make it so.  

Back to my example, almost everyone WANTS to be in great shape but very few of us actually put in the work to make it so. We want to watch TV and eat ice cream and double cheeseburgers, but damn it, we WANT to be totally sexy in our swimsuits!  Give me actions...words and intentions are misleading.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Really Hurts About Mike Brown Family Right Now - Nately120 - 01-27-2017, 05:06 PM