Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My realistic best-case scenario for improving the roster
(01-27-2017, 09:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think they should do everything in their power to retain Zeitler, Whit, and DreK.

They have the means to do so.  They're in the building...  so keep realistic signable FA's in the fold.

All others should just be sorted out.

They could afford to lose both Rex and Lafell in my opinion if it happens.

Not saying they shouldn't try.  These are the players you shouldn't overpay.

Mid level FAs or draft picks could replace them.

Peko, Maualuga, Pacman, and perhaps Hill(depending on Burkhead's status)should definitely be on the chopping block.

Here's how I see it. Cut Sims, malaluga, and tj Johnson.resign peko to 2 year 3 million. That would give u about 54-55 million in cap space.  Don't have the exact numbers in front of me. Resign Whit for 16.5 million for 2 years. Resign zeitler for 5 years 47 million. Resign Kirkpatrick for 5 years 50 million. That costs 27.5 million against the cap. Keep 12.5 million for draft picks and rollover. Leaves you 15 million for mid level free agent or a high end fa like a alonso for 10 million of a bouye for 8. Either way we have 14 million to play with after signing them. I am a huge fan of going Williams in round 1. That's a heir apparent to green or at worst have an elite number 2 for the next 5 years. No need for lafell. Also keep hill but as a backup. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My realistic best-case scenario for improving the roster - Jpoore - 01-27-2017, 10:04 PM