Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My realistic best-case scenario for improving the roster
(01-27-2017, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Reggie Nelson was literally picked up off the scrap heap.  One of the Zimmer gems.  He was widely considered a bust, then he was reborn as a Safety with the Bengals.

It is so funny how the Jags wanted Reggie to be more of an in-the-box safety and the Bengals let him play to his strengths- a center fielder.  Now we struggle with an in-the-box safety that we try to make a center fielder (Williams)...can we not self-scout?  

I doubt there are many FA out there that could be such a perfect fit as was Reggie, plus the Bengals have Williams under contract for a while longer.  At least he showed improvement toward the end of the season...he was a disaster in the first quarter of the season.  I was hoping Derron Smith would get a better look, as he thrives in more of that Reggie role.

Maybe the Jags will trade away a 7th round pick for Smith and he would become a stalwart on their defense...only seems fair.  He is just being wasted here.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My realistic best-case scenario for improving the roster - SHRacerX - 01-28-2017, 10:51 AM