Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fed up with this organization
(01-28-2017, 04:41 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Championships require so many things, people, and coincidences to fall into place. This isn't a 'blow-up' team, I think the pieces are there, and these 'said' pieces just need to perform better, (or in most cases) what is expected of them.

Zeitler walking would be a huge mistake for this franchise, that being said, I believe it takes so much longer to develop a front offensive lineman. Taking them in the draft (high) then waiting for them to 'evolve' is something I am sick of doing, exactly for this matter. By the time they turn into a developed member of the team, they walk and we start all over again while others with solid trenches win championships. Yes, they earn (well deserved) money, they protect the franchise QB, which win championships. They develop into blocking routes for our RB to perform on the road to win championships. 

Said it before, and might as well say it again, we need both of our guys back, and add another seasoned vet on the offensive line to help our bench-warming high draft picks develop so we can win championships. Not answering the call for two lost WR(s) hurt this team, and not having Eifert,  hurt because given the chances, no other TE stepped up. We have needs, but this isn't a 'blow-up' team, but it might be if we have another solid down year with nothing else to blame.

They will have enough money to sign the big 3 - Whit, Dre and Zeitler - if they choose to. Especially if Adam is released, which will add another 6.3m. If I had had to guess, I would say Z would be the one they choose not to bring back. Mike giving top dollar to a G just doesn't seem realistic, though maybe he surprises us. 

If they do let Z walk, maybe they look at a Chance Warmack type. He missed almost the entire year with an injury and he hasn't yet lived up to the hype he had when he was drafted. He would be an option for a much more reasonable price. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Fed up with this organization - Trademark - 01-28-2017, 02:35 PM
RE: Fed up with this organization - Bengalholic - 01-28-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: Fed up with this organization - McC - 01-28-2017, 06:04 PM