Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trumps Immigration Executive Order
(01-31-2017, 12:31 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: No. I was just told that my claim that there are many people in this country that want a full-on Muslim ban was "unsubstantiated, sensationalist, and untrue".

For the record, many does not necessarily equate to most. In fact, in a nation of 300.000.000 people, 1% of the population (3,000,000) would generally be sufficient to constitute "many" in my mind.

BTW- My unstated point in the original post was to suggest that the administration is responding to cry from a large group within our society. It was not to condemn the administration for that response nor to complain about their response.

1% of anything is not many in the sense you were implying. A gross minority of anything is not many in the sense you were implying. Many was an ignorant, sensationalist use of the word in the sense you were implying.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1TIGY_enUS721US721&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=many+definition

He was elected by a large group of many, yes. To point at that group as the "many" who want Muslims kicked out of the US, are racist, xenophobic etc. etc. etc. is unsubstantiated, sensationalist, and untrue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumps Immigration Executive Order - PDub80 - 01-31-2017, 12:47 PM