Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letting Zeitler walk isb a huge mistake.
(01-31-2017, 07:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am iffy on Zeitler....I just think paying $10 million per year to an above average, but not dominant player doesn't make a lot of sense.  I like him, but don't love him.  

I think it was an interesting take that if Adam Jones is released, they could use that money on Zeitler....because, right or wrong, the Bengals almost never cut a player under contract.  Look at what they paid Leon Hall last year.  I would guess Zeitler walks and they draft a guard early....perhaps with the pick from an AJM trade.  

FWIW, I think they will absolutely bring in a veteran CB as well.  That is probably money better spent than on Zeitler.  Before anyone screams about protecting Dalton, I think what Zeitler really lacks is the functional strength to be an elite RG and help in the running game.  That player could be drafted, and this draft class is pretty deep with talent at Guard.

This is exactly where I stand on this topic. I would love to have Zeitler at like $6-7m/yr, because I believe he's an above-average player, but he's just not dominate enough for me to ever want to make Zeitler 6% of my entire team's cap space (assuming the $168m number for 2017 is correct).

He never developed into that run game monster he was touted as in the draft. He's a good player, but not great, and doesn't make the guys around him better either. So $9-10m/yr is awfully iffy.

Of course the flip side being.. will the Bengals actually use that money to improve other parts of the team?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Letting Zeitler walk isb a huge mistake. - TheLeonardLeap - 01-31-2017, 01:15 PM