Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trumps Immigration Executive Order
(01-31-2017, 12:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Is it not possible to be mad at both?

Or to be mad that one has to flee their homes and not happy with where they end up.

Yeah of course it is. But its still a personal thing for people. Its not something that I believe government should sponsor. I mean really, we have a very long history of helping other nations with aid and taking in refugee's in the past, and it has largly failed to help who it was supposed to help. I think a lot of people kind of feel like it hasnt gotten us anywhere except to be further accused of being a bully, bigoted, racist, etc, etc. I've met people who feel that way. They think it doesnt do anything but add more strain to the system, and if you cant even get appreciated for the honor in it, then whats the point? I mean Reagan brought in a lot of refugee's, and there were a lot of people against him for it. The results from doing that havent been good, from what people have said. Christians have long supported helping refugee's, but they are still considered to be the most bigoted group of racist in the nation. What's the point anymore ya know? It seems like everyone gets hurt when we open our doors that way. So the only fix seems to be keeping government out of it and leaving it to the people. But talking crap and hashtags arent going to cut it. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumps Immigration Executive Order - djam - 01-31-2017, 01:29 PM