Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trumps Immigration Executive Order
(01-31-2017, 01:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If it required people to obtain a visa first, then it DID bar people from coming to the United States. It barred anyone from those listed countries without a visa. Just sayin'.

(01-31-2017, 02:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, it banned people from specific countries if they didn't have a visa. If they had a visa and were from those places, they could get in. If they didn't have a visa and were from those places, they were BANNED from entering the country.

I'm not saying it's the same thing as Trump's EO, but it did bar people from entering this country: people without visas.

As to the setting "up better vetting"; supposedly, that's Trump's reason for his temporary suspension, right? So shouldn't you be in favor for his order, too? Ninja

Mellow

Quote:But this law did not bar anyone from coming to the United States. It only required a relatively small percentage of people to obtain a visa first.

Even during that six month period the current administration keeps citing people were allowed in.  It slowed down, but it was not a "ban".

If the current administration explained how they are going to vet immigrants better I suppose I could get on board with that.  I suppose have no refugees commit terrorist attacks yet means the current vetting is pretty good already.

But "what if" and "boogey man" get's more attention I suppose.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumps Immigration Executive Order - GMDino - 01-31-2017, 02:10 PM