Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Session to Yates in '15: [as AG] you have to say "no" to POTUS. Will you?
(01-31-2017, 03:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: One would argue her statement was a resignation, just with more drama. Gotta have drama and politics or your future is over. 

One could argue that, I certainly wouldn't. In this kind of scenario a person of integrity resigns.  A person without integrity holds a grandstanding press conference and obfuscates about their objections to an EO.  To be clear, and I know you realize this, her objections to defending the EO were personal and political not legal.  The EO is clearly not illegal on its face to the point of being indefensible and no credible legal scholar could argue otherwise. 

The Dems love it because grandstanding is all they have left.  Sadly it will be counter productive and I say sadly because the GOP is going to go too far the next four years and the Dems are going to hand them even more power in the mid terms unless they get their act together.  Petulance and name calling is not a viable long term strategy for a minority party.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Session to Yates in '15: [as AG] you have to say "no" to POTUS. Will you? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 01-31-2017, 03:47 PM