Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Session to Yates in '15: [as AG] you have to say "no" to POTUS. Will you?
(01-31-2017, 03:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When I was in college, if my boss told me to inform every customer of our calibration service and I said I would not because I did not see the value in it and thought it waste of money, they would have had every right to fire me. Would I have been doing the right thing? Sure, but that's just a moral victory. 

Sessions was taking a dig at Obama when he asked her that question, just trying to score some points. If the Chief Executive says "this is how we are enforcing immigration" and it has not yet been deemed unconstitutional, you must do your part to faithfully execute the executive order if you wish to keep your job. If you have a backbone, tell them you believe it is wrong and, if they won't change their mind, then refuse and hope that the court eventually deems it unconstitutional as that you can at least score your moral victory. 

You are equating violating the US Constitution with marketing a service. I'm surprised, but, OK.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Session to Yates in '15: [as AG] you have to say "no" to POTUS. Will you? - xxlt - 01-31-2017, 04:17 PM