Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chief WH strategist Bannon: Media Should ‘Keep Its Mouth Shut’
(01-31-2017, 03:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If the fact that is being reported is "this is what the White House said without any evidence" and it is a verifiable fact, then I have no problem with them reporting it.

If, however, what's being reported is "this is what the Whtie House said and they're wrong because [opinions or unverifiable facts]", then I do have a problem with it.

It's not the media's job to tell us what's right and wrong. Their job is to report facts.

I agree that that is the way things should be. Unfortunately for us, that is Old School thought anymore. Since the bounds between objective, detached journalism and tabloidism were breached 28 years ago, there are merely a handful of media outlets who still report in the old way.

Because many of my friends are liberal, I am literally bombarded daily with Facebook posts from fake news sites with titles like "Trump says he is going to....(blah, blah, blah)". At this point in the game, I don't really care too much about what Trump says anymore. I want to know what he does after he does it. Then I'll make my own decisions. I don't need all of these kneejerk reactions. And the right wing fake news is just as bad. I don't give a crap about what Obama said five years ago. I care about what Trump did today. After he did it.

A nation of butthurt.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chief WH strategist Bannon: Media Should ‘Keep Its Mouth Shut’ - Bengalzona - 01-31-2017, 06:44 PM