Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy played great in Pro Bowl! Fantasic QB we have!
(01-31-2017, 04:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Looked to me like he pitched the ball without thinking....like it was a timing thing to me, then he went down to try and get the ball. I guess we see what we want to see. That said, though, I would like to see a little more fire and killer instinct from him.

It was a timing thing but in my eyes he seemed as if to realize that the play was fubar and still tried to make it happen.  I mean it was an exhibition game and that's obviously a different thing altogether and he probably deserves a pass in this instance.

Andy is definitely in the upper tier of QB's and tbh, was pretty bereft of weapons by the end. New OC and all to boot. I'm willing to back peddle some cause I was a little harsher towards his play than normal. I thought he played decent in the PB and made some good throws.

The bitterness of the playoff loses and last season still weighs heavy on us older fans, I think. We remember the late 70's and 80's when the teams seemed to be tougher or stronger willed. When teams didn't like the idea of playing the Bengals. He has played pretty well though. I suppose I'm just ready for him to take that next step and hush those of us that do want him to succeed but are cautiously optimistic about it.

As you said, I would like to see more fire and determination but with a little less kicking rocks. This is his prime and now is his time to lead. In my best TO, "he's my quarterback!"  Then in my best Larry the Cable Guy...."Git-er-done".
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy played great in Pro Bowl! Fantasic QB we have! - coachmcneil71 - 01-31-2017, 07:21 PM