Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordarrelle Patterson - good bargain option?
(01-31-2017, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Cribbs could be a great comparison when all is said and done with Patterson. However, Cribbs did get a 3-year, $20 million contract extension with the Browns in 2010. Maybe Cribbs never spoke about getting a ton of opportunities on offense like Patterson has, but he sure got paid well to be an electric returner. Cribbs also saw the most action on offense during that contract extension when he had 292 rec yards and 1 rec TD in 2010 followed by 518 rec yards and 4 TD in 2011. Patterson has never reached 500 rec yards in a season, but has posted 384 yards or higher three times in four seasons. All decent for a WR3.

Since you brought up Cribbs, it does worry me now that a team might pay $5+ million a year to Patterson. If so, I definitely don't think the Bengals should do it. You're right, too much risk. But if it's only $3 million to sign Patterson and the likes of LaFell, Terrance Williams, Britt, Garcon, etc all go for $5 mill or higher, that's when I'd pull the trigger. A dynamic returner like Patterson that can contribute ~400 or more yards on offense is worth about $3 million a year IMO.

384 yards was good for a #3 WR in 1970, maybe.

That's awful for a #3 now in a league where 4,000 passing yards isn't much of a hurdle. I would take Garcon in a heartbeat, even at $5-6m/yr. 3yr/$15-18m and throw him out there as the #2.

Would also gladly offer Terrance Williams 4yr/$20-24m.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordarrelle Patterson - good bargain option? - TheLeonardLeap - 01-31-2017, 09:04 PM