Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Session to Yates in '15: [as AG] you have to say "no" to POTUS. Will you?
(02-01-2017, 12:13 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Everyone around the president should proffer their opinion.  They just shouldn't do it in a press conference talking about how they refuse to follow their instructions. It's troubling that this distinction eludes you.  I come from a military family, you don't throw your superior under the bus in public.

Missed the press conference. My understanding was she directed her underlings to not enforce the order. But, honestly, if she had a press conference that distinction doesn't matter to me. Right is right, and I don't give many style points. If your superior is subverting the Constitution, or abusing the power of their office, I say find the nearest bus. That's why we have whistle blower laws. Sometimes your kind get their way though, and power trumps righteousness.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Session to Yates in '15: [as AG] you have to say "no" to POTUS. Will you? - xxlt - 02-01-2017, 09:45 AM