Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the best scenic drive you've ever taken in the US?
(02-02-2017, 11:51 AM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: Highway 1 from LA to San Fran over about 5 days.  It's a 14 hour straight shot i believe but we wanted to take our time and stop in several towns and take in the views in Big Sur.

The drive through Big Sur is white knuckle though.  

I highly recommend it.

A very nice drive indeed, but for me it gets better from San Francisco all the way to Port Angeles, Washington via a combination of Cal 1 and US 101. White and black sand beaches, dunes, rocky outcrops, and giant Firs dot the landscape all the way. Simply spectacular. 

Rue de Lausanne out of Geneva, Switzerland to Montreux might be my favorite though. Pristine and breathtaking all along Lake Leman. Swiss villages, while very old, all looked like the landscaping crew had just left. I have never seen such a large area so well-kept in my life. I have made several trips to Switzerland, but never made it to the Italian or Austrian parts of the country, as the French and German sections kept me more than entertained.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whats the best scenic drive you've ever taken in the US? - wildcats forever - 02-02-2017, 12:02 PM