Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Session to Yates in '15: [as AG] you have to say "no" to POTUS. Will you?
(02-02-2017, 05:35 PM)xxlt Wrote: Kudos on the admission. I've always respected you, and that's an example of why.

It seems to me like a lot of what you posted hinged on the "throwing under the bus" is a "violation of chain of command" perspective. Now you admit that didn't happen. I said even if it did I thought Yates was right (to not enforce a law her knowledge of the law said was illegal) and Trump was wrong (to fire her, and do so with no knowledge of the law relatively speaking - he may have an MBA but not a JD). So, I am not sure what substance you are alleging I dodged. Help me see what you want addressed and I will do my best.

She did make the matter public, I just shouldn't have used the term press conference but that doesn't change the substance of my point.

Quote:BTW, as far as chain of command and respect go, I believe based on prior conversations we have had that you would agree that when you model appropriate behavior in improves esprit de corps and strengthens the chain. So, consulting the attorney who will be charged with enforcing the order would have been a good move. I can't say Trump did not, but I have seen nothing (generally or specific to this case) indicating he did that.

Absolutely, we agree 100%.  I think Trump would be a horrible superior to work for.  I still think a professional needs to act like a professional regardless, especially at this level of government.

Quote:So, from my "liberal ***** snowflake" perspective that is pretty poor management on the part of the Tiger and not too presidential or likely to win friends or influence people. It is sort of like hanging up on a peer in the middle of a conversation. Just Trump being Trump, and a lot of Joe Six Packs may love this shoot from the hip with no training approach. Would you like it in an officer? In a shift commander? In a chief of police? I hope I know you well enough to know the answer to those questions.

I've never called you that nor would I consider you that type of person.  As I stated above, I'm rather confident that Trump is not a pleasant person to work for.  Shoot from the hip types are fine, as long as they know there's a time and a place where you can shoot from the hip and times where it's a horrible idea to do so.  In short, exercise good judgment.  We're digressing a bit here though.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Session to Yates in '15: [as AG] you have to say "no" to POTUS. Will you? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-02-2017, 06:30 PM