Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the best scenic drive you've ever taken in the US?
(02-02-2017, 09:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So many of the routes folks have listed are wonderful places, indeed.

My family homestead has been in the Shenandoah Valley since the early 1700's, so I've had plenty of drives up and down Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway, which are absolutely beautiful.

I once drove from here in RVA accross the nation to Denver, then up through Boulder to Estes Park, across Rocky Mountain National Park, through Colorado into Utah, down to the Grand Canyon, and back the way I came.  Again, absolutely beautiful.

My father-in-law is half way between the Bay area and Yosemite, and I concur that the drive there is stunning (Yosemite Valley is the most beautiful place I have ever been).

But wildcats is pretty close to the winner here.

Do as he says, and follow CA 1 to US 101 from the Bay Area north (a nice addition is to cut through Napa to start off), but when you get to Astoria, Oregon, head east and follow the Columbia River Gorge to the Idaho border.

You will NEVER forget it!!!!!!

Lots of places I would love to visit and some I have.  But for me (and perhaps of nostalgia )  I loved driving through the Outer Banks in North Carolina.  For a while I lived in VA Beach.  I was stationed there in the Navy and stayed for a while after.  I was really in to surfing, and that was the place to go if you were into that in that region.  Beautiful IMO.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whats the best scenic drive you've ever taken in the US? - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 02-03-2017, 04:16 AM