Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle and the minimum wage increase
(07-26-2015, 09:29 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm sure that they'll take your 10%, but if you work on a table for an hour and their bill ends up being 100 bucks, a 10 dollar tip is kind of a snub unless you're a shitty server.  If a server is taking care of your needs properly, which is their job, they deserve to be compensated for that in an appropriate manner.  If they don't, then feel free to give them a bit less.  I just don't see why anyone would punish them, and start tipping less for their company's decision to raise prices.

As a former server, I appreciated every tip I got, but I won't lie and say that I wasn't disappointed when I gave some damned good service and the people acted like the didn't appreciate me as well.  Really, not everyone deserves 15-20%, but if you get the service that's worth it, you should show the love.

At least you're tipping though.  Not tipping at all is just a d-bag move.

I can see your point, if a person's party dominated that particular server's entire hour, and they were held back from handling other tables.  However, if its just the wife and I, and we are quick with our order, ask for no extra "running", and leave no big mess behind, then $5 on a $50 ticket is fair in my eyes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Seattle and the minimum wage increase - SunsetBengal - 07-26-2015, 09:48 PM