Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental Health Treatment in the US
Coming from a family that has a few people dealing with mental illness I can say that this is a subject that is woefully neglected in this country. It's a hard thing to really have a firm grasp on though until you see it first hand over an extended period of time and even then it's hard to understand so I can see why it isn't the first thing on people's minds.

On the flip-side though both the people in my family dealing with mental illness need to have their arms twisted to get help. They want to go about life like they don't have an issue when they do and that in itself is a huge stumbling block. They can be fine for a few weeks but then gradually slip into their depressive state before they or their family members can recognize what's happening and before you know it they're deep into a state.

In the grand scale of things learning about mental health is still pretty new and there are lots of mysteries left to be solved about the human brain, we are making a lot of progress though. I think over time society will start to understand that not every illness can be seen or has obvious side-effects.

I saw a video report about vets suffering from PTSD who started experimental treatments with LSD and Ecstasy. They would give them very small doses and have a psychologist monitor them and basically lead a therapy session while they were in this state of mind. It was all very new but the first results were promising.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mental Health Treatment in the US - CageTheBengal - 02-04-2017, 01:46 PM