Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trumps Immigration Executive Order
(02-04-2017, 02:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not a police officer, but yes, it is smart to know.  It also perfectly illustrates my point, which is that, within the law there is a lot of room for interpretation.  Your saying the opinion is automatically both legal and correct simply because a judge made it is ridiculous.  If such were the case there would be no need for appellate courts.

Nope. I shared the story, said the judge probably knows more about it than a random internet poster, and added that it will be appealed.

So no idea why you wrote that in the above paragraph.

(02-04-2017, 02:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't have first hand experience with him no.  I have heard a lot of second hand information though, enough that his ruling didn't surprise me in the least.  As to your second point, there are some judges who are more centered than others, who tend to interpret the law without letting personal bias affect them.  The trial judge for the Freddy Gray officers is an excellent example of this.  I don't know a single person who took issue with his rulings in any of those cases, bench officers, attorneys, leo's, no one.  I know many who snickered at this temporary stay simply by dint of who made it and why.

Judges are like any other profession, there are some who are very good and there are some who are not.  The high end judges are able to remove themselves from their decisions, the not so good ones are not.  This would be an example of the latter.  Did you agree with every opinion by Judge Scalia?  If not, why?  Not only was he a judge he was a supreme court justice.  Surely he knows the law better than you?

I don't have to "agree" with any of the rulings. However I do trust that they understand the law better than I do. Like I trust the plumber understands his job better. If I see something I disagree with I will say so and question it.

I don't say:

(02-04-2017, 01:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quite simply, this judge is wrong and his decision will be overturned.

...as if I am certainly more informed than the judge.

However your swing from:

(02-04-2017, 02:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not working with judges you are apparently unaware of the fact that many, if not most, let the personal opinions bleed into their decisions.

to

(02-04-2017, 02:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The high end judges are able to remove themselves from their decisions, the not so good ones are not.  This would be an example of the latter.

is simply because you disagree with the ruling and kinda neat to watch how you can say *this* judge is biased by his own opinions but the judge who will agree with you is not.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trumps Immigration Executive Order - GMDino - 02-04-2017, 02:58 PM