Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green wants that 2014 Defense back.
(02-04-2017, 02:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think people exaggerate the heck out of this. We really don't just blindly chuck it to AJ as much as people say. That said, there's nothing wrong with going WR at 9 IMO. Green is 29 and only has a couple prime years left. We'd have a pretty nice tandem in the meantime. Also agree that we could take a Williams and still fix the line.

Agree that the pass rush needs help desperately, but Geno had 9 sacks last year and graded out as one of the top DT's. I just think (a) he's spoiled us and (b) people see the lack of pass rush and automatically think our top pass rushers must be failing. It's not Dunlap or Atkins. It's everybody else.

If by bang you mean "7 sacks", I agree. It was obvious early that the line would be a big problem. Same with the RZ. Just like in 2014 (when Eifert was also out), we just could not get passing TDs in the RZ. This was never a problem with Gruden, but it seems we've relied heavily on Eifert since then. Not good considering his health.
I'm not putting it all on Geno because Peko is not helping him either.

You can't base Atkins overall play off of sacks.

Some of those were against some of the worst opposing O-lines in the league.

I dunno.  Grades aside.   Geno just looked like another dude for most of the season IMO.

That doesn't mean he isn't one of the best on the team at his position.  He just seemed flat especially earlier on.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green wants that 2014 Defense back. - BengalsRocker - 02-04-2017, 03:05 PM