Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mental Health Treatment in the US
(02-04-2017, 10:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the OP: Mental health is a huge issue and needs to be addressed; unfortunately, you cannot save everyone. In the military community it is a very important topic (everyone has read the numbers).

IDK the answer, but hopefully there are folks working it. What I have been told is that most medical plans pay for 12 mental health visits a year and folks rarely know this and/or take advantage of it. I'm not ashamed to admit I've been through some dark times, but I sought help.

I've dealt with some dark times myself, including currently. I dealt with it in my teenage years and early twenties, then lost insurance so stopped getting help and just grew to deal with it. For a little over a year, though, things have gotten a bit worse and so I've had to seek help. We're fortunate we're able and willing to get that help. That isn't the truth for far too many.

(02-04-2017, 12:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Of course this didn't happen and you made this story up right? If I remember right, when I was on jury duty, you agree to keep all matters of the trial and its outcomes confidential. Knowing you are the upstanding citizen who cares about the laws and the ethics of the land, I assume you would not break such a trust the legal system had in you. Therefore, you made this up hoping someone would bring up building a wall and discussing how the money would be beneficial elsewhere. Right? Wink

Actually, after the case is over, unless you are given specific instructions regarding a gag order, you can speak to anyone about the case. At least here in Virginia we don't have any laws against speaking about the case after it has been concluded and I could have actually gone so far as to name the respondent if I so chose. I wouldn't do that, but there is nothing that would prevent me from doing so legally. I will add her name to a prayer card at my church, though. I won't specify why, but I feel like it's the least I can do.

But, as much as I find the wall to be a money pit, I think this is more of a state issue. Money for mental health care is a state budget concern and should really remain that way. It's just a sad truth that every state has shortfalls with regards to this issue and so it makes it something that everyone should be aware of.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mental Health Treatment in the US - Belsnickel - 02-04-2017, 04:16 PM