Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green wants that 2014 Defense back.
(02-05-2017, 02:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wonder how much of that had to do with no Burfict/fat Burfict at the beginning of the year. The people behind Atkins were Dansby, Maualuga, Williams, and Iloka, all of whom were pretty damn awful last year. Atkins likely had to worry about maintaining gaps much more in the beginning of the year, because there was no faith that the people behind him could pick up any slack.

A mixture of that, everyone not named Dunlap or Atkins being terrible, and the fact that DL get to be a lot more aggressive when they are playing with a bigger lead, and the O never really scored a ton, is my guess.

He was still a really good player, but not the elite level we've been spoiled with.
Yeah I pretty much agree with all of this.

We're spoiled by some of his previous examples of playing.

It sure would be nice to see him next to a better DT and the whole line would benefit with a better edge rusher on the other end.

MJ is not impressive at all. Though on more than one occasion I remember him getting in chokeholds without a single flag being tossed.  He sure doesn't get many holding calls in his favor does he? LOL 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green wants that 2014 Defense back. - BengalsRocker - 02-05-2017, 02:57 AM