Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Brady unquestionably the best ever?
(02-06-2017, 09:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't see a huge gap in talent level between the Pats and 49ers. The Pats have rented a ton of talent through the years. Guys like Seau, Moss, Welker, Revis, Browner, Dillon, Rodney Harrison, Long, etc. They've also had plenty of other talent like Gronk, Seymour, Wilfork, Law, Milloy, etc etc. On top of sound oline play and outstanding coaching. So I don't see much talent difference, but I do see more stability for Brady (same coaches, no HOF backup taking his job) and an easier era for passing by FAR.

I'm not sure why you're comparing Montana to Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez of all people. Montana wasn't some average QB that played lights out in the playoffs. Montana was also a beast in regular season as well. 40,000 yards back when there was only a small handful to pass that once mythical number. 2nd best passer rating ever at the time of his retirement. Despite playing only 11 full seasons, he made 8 Pro Bowls with the same amount of MVPs as Brady (2).

So not only was he fantastic during regular season, he took his game to other worldly levels in postseason. Brady can't say the same and to me that's why Joe is still the GOAT.

Montana won 2 Super Bowl MVPs before Rice was a 49er, and the 49ers were an afterthought prior to Montana taking over.

I'd still go with Brady. Playing in 7 SB's in quite a feat, and honestly I could see him getting back again. And Montana did have Rice for a couple of those SB's. Who's the best WR Brady ever won one with? Branch? People can talk about the system in NE all they want but they're not winning SB's with the Matt Cassel's or Jimmy G's of the world. It's as much Brady as it is Belichick imo.

Not trying to take anything away from Montana btw. He's all I remember hearing about as a kid. He's definitely right up there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Brady unquestionably the best ever? - Nicomo Cosca - 02-06-2017, 10:51 PM