Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Antwan Odom, Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott....
Do these players sound old? Like they played a million years ago? Did you completely forget their names?

I did.

You want to know which of our players were still on the Bengal's roster when these guys played for the Bengals back in 2009?

Rey Maualuga, Michael Johnson, and Domata Peko.

Rey Maulaluga and Michael Johnson are 30 years old and Peko will be 33 this year.

Analytics show that there is a MAJOR decline that players experience once they hit 28-29 years old. The graph below shows this:

[Image: pfr-aging-curve-for-nfl-defensive-player...e-ends.png]

[Image: pfr-aging-curve-for-nfl-defensive-player...ackers.png]

What im saying is this: these guys need replaced or cut by the beginning of next season. They have all shown some significant decline over the past couple of seasons and my guess (and analytics back this up) is that they play even worse this year.

The trend with defenses over the past couple years has been going from size to speed. You saw it with Atlanta this year. They sacrifice size at certain positions and load up on speed to fly all over the field and swarm to the ball. I hope the Bengals are paying attention and get the necessary players via the draft or free agency to replace some of our older veterans on defense. The youth movement needs to start now.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Antwan Odom, Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott.... - WeezyBengal - 02-07-2017, 10:42 AM