Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which Bengals Player Needs Terminated, Get To The Chopper
(02-06-2017, 10:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jeremy Hill has a reserved seat on my chopper.  I was fine with him until I saw Rex Burkhead run like gangbusters behind one of the worst offensive lines in recorded history.

Sign me up.....I can't believe I forgot to add him to my hit list.  

(02-07-2017, 07:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is the amazing thing:  He will be suspended whether he is convicted or not.  Therefore, he will take practice snaps from someone, take a roster space, and likely be very out of shape (like last year) when he does get to play.  Combine that with a "light just never seems to go on" attitude and he can pound sand.  

Good point.  I think it's time to cut bait.

(02-07-2017, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't disagree, but people should not be surprised if it takes a couple of seasons for Jackson to be up to speed, just like Kirkpatrick. Some people seem to think he is going to come in and light it on fire, I hope he does, I really hope he does.... but my expectations are it will take awhile and the usual suspects here will be calling him a bust long before they are calling him a top corner.

I'm with you, there will most likely be growing pains.  That said, we went 6-9-1 last season, and we have a lot of holes to fill.  I feel we're in a bit of a rebuild mode here.  May as well let the youngsters learn.

(02-07-2017, 01:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Honestly, the easiest choice is Rey Maualuaga.  It's not that I don't like him (I'm actually a pretty big fan,) but he doesn't have a starting position on this team.  The NFL has changed and the Bengals employ a base nickel defense, which means Rey is on the bench for over 50% of the snaps.  That's not worth the contract that he has.

Spot on.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Bengals Player Needs Terminated, Get To The Chopper - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-07-2017, 01:23 PM