Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agents that would free up the draft
(02-08-2017, 12:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So basically you just want to run with an ever thinner version of the already thin WR group from 2016. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

The only thing the TEs are capable at are being hurt (Eifert) and dropping passes (Uzomah).

Your scenario is relying on every single person being both healthy and better. That's a recipe for disaster before the season even starts.

Jake Kumerow and Alonzo Russell will fight it out for the #6 WR spot.  Your comments about the TEs are based out of frustration.  Uzomah made huge strides in his first action and was headed to a solid season before injury slowed him, and Eifert's impact could be felt immediately upon his return.  He had 5 TDs in just 8 games.  

My scenario has to do with the fact that they aren't releasing AJ, Boyd, Core, Erickson, or Wright as they all have important roles.  The #6 WR will likely not be active at games anyways.  They are also not releasing Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah, or Hewitt.  So, you might want a vertical threat to stretch the field, but I think that player is already on the team in Core, and has already earned the spot.  The coaches love him.  He's 6'3" tall, 220 lbs, and runs a 4.4 forty yard dash.  It would take a hell of a draft pick to supplant him.  There are much bigger needs on this roster, and I addressed those in my OP.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Agents that would free up the draft - SHRacerX - 02-08-2017, 09:14 AM