Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the White House, Kellyanne urged Fox viewers to buy Ivanka's clothing line
(02-09-2017, 04:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's what I am reading, since she literally said "commercial", there's no arguing it wasn't intended to be a promotion/advertisement of something. 

Then again, as far I have read, Trump has only "resigned" from leadership of his companies, he is still the exclusive beneficiary and makes money from what they do. I imagine there will be many ethics violations to come.

I was reading about the trust scenario, as well. The only SSN ties to the trust is Trump's own. Now, the case will have to be made for the emoluments stuff, but there is the matter of the DC Trump Hotel lease, which he is in violation of with the current structure. The issue at hand is how does the GSA handle the situation? The administrators that handle the lease have the legal standing to terminate it, but they are accountable to the current administration and so risk their jobs in doing so.

If the lease is left in place, the administrators that calculate the rent annually based on the terms of the contract are torn between two masters. They have a fiduciary responsibility to the taxpayers, but they will be expected to provide a favorable calculation to Trump because of the trust. Those two interests are in conflict with each other, hence the term that gets thrown around everywhere. It isn't fair to the administrator caught in the middle who, if performing their duty to the taxpayers either by terminating the contract or calculating the rent a particular way, will likely lose their jobs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: From the White House, Kellyanne urged Fox viewers to buy Ivanka's clothing line - Belsnickel - 02-09-2017, 04:55 PM