Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos
(02-09-2017, 06:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: You are happy with the status quo and the best way to keep it is to hire those with similar experiences (qualifications). I on the other hand have no problem seeing what a change agent can do as long as he or she is qualified (legally) to fulfill the position. Especially given our current global bang for the buck. I have seen first hand the benefits that change and diversity have brought to an organization; I doubt the Education game is much different. This lady; as the last 100 before her, is going to be invisible for the next 4-8; it's just something else for congress and society to be divisive about.  

Edit: I fully realize there have not been 100 Secretaries of Education. Used to illustrate a point. 

Like I said, if you don't think measurable growth in our nation is good enough and is just "status quo", I can see how someone with no experience is an acceptable choice. 

I'm just confused why you asked at least 6 times on the first two pages what qualifications the Sec of Edu should have and as soon as someone in education gave you a decent list based on the role of the department and the past secretaries, you're now trying to downplay this and keep suggesting there are no real qualifications. Is it because you're being challenged by someone who knows what they're talking about or were you just asking a trick questions all those times you asked for it?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos - BmorePat87 - 02-09-2017, 08:11 PM