Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos
(02-09-2017, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, I'd have to see how we compared globally and if we considered "slipping" fewer folks enrolling in college. But fewer folks in college very well could; as going to college has just become "a thing".

I did see you went with the answer a question with a question approach; but I answered yours.

I think this is a pretty big problem. Teachers have spent decades telling kids that they need to go to college or else they won't succeed at life. So now it's pretty much just a matter of course. So everyone now goes to college even if it means some random major that they'll never have a job related to, while taking a huge amount of debt on. They then end up working at Starbucks with a degree and $20k in debt.

Meanwhile we're going to run out of Electricians/Plumbers/Carpenters/etc in awhile when the current workforce retires and there's not nearly enough people to replace them because all the people who would have previously went to trade schools instead went to college and got degrees in Underwater Basket Weaving, or Psychology.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos - TheLeonardLeap - 02-09-2017, 09:18 PM