Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Big Super Bowl Takeaway that hopefully the Bengals Get
(02-08-2017, 04:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must be frustrating for you especially.

You just nailed the differences between the organizations and why we won't ever win the big game with this owner
and these coaches. Namely MB, Marv, PA, Zamp, Haslett, Hayes etc. The Blackburns should of told MB to just stand
back while they hired a good GM to get rid of these coaches and replace them with decent ones.

This is where it all starts and ends is with the coaching.

We have had a lot of talent for a long time, arguably much more than the Patriots and have done diddly squat where
it truly matters. I know they have Brady but i truly believe that Brady would not be as good in a different organization.

Shit, if we drafted Brady he probably never would of started here.

Let's pretend for a second we traded Palmer to NE for Brady in 2010. I'd be willing to bet our results from then to now would be very nearly the same. If all other things remained as they are/were.

As you, me and very many on here have been screaming for quite a long time now the players aren't the problem !

It's the culture, which isn't a winning one. It's the lack of accountability - see Paul Alexander, Marvin Lewis 15 seasons in, etc. etc. It's the total lack of on the field discipline, anytime we face the least resistance we fold up and f-up. 

It's our HC looking to kill the clock 3 minutes before halftime starting at our own 38. It's our HC who thinks halftime adjustments are a fantasy. It's our coaching staff keeping Ogbuehi playing even though he was getting Dalton killed. One could go on and on.

But until there's a major change starting at the top on the culture, discipline, and focus here.

NOTHING WILL CHANGE
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big Super Bowl Takeaway that hopefully the Bengals Get - bengalfan74 - 02-09-2017, 10:43 PM