Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the Net Neutrality Rollback Means for Netflix Users
(02-09-2017, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Net Neutrality may be one of the greatest, on the short list of things that we gained from the Obama years.  I find it a shame that people need to phrase the conversation in a way that targets specific groups, such as "OMG, you might get your Netflix access throttled!", rather than just bring it up in plain terms. 

Understand, I have never read the entire Net Neutrality bill in full, who has?  Other than a bunch of lawyers that wrote the damn thing, we really don't know what the hell is in the fine print.  Here's to hoping that one day all bills will be written on one page, clearly outlaying everything that they intend to affect, in plain English, for the lay person to understand.

to the bold, I think that's because lawmakers use such deceptive terms. Like net neutrality. There's nothing neutral about it, providers can charge whoever whatever they want.

or in Kentucky the recent passage of right to work. I live in a small town with several international plants. I was amazed at how many union guys supported it until you told them it was legislation designed to end unions. Or "school choice" which is really more about shifting public tax dollars to private schools. The only choice there is how the private school is going to spend the influx of tax money.

headlines have to be more attention grabbing because people are paying less attention, and lawmakers are getting away with being amazingly deceptive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What the Net Neutrality Rollback Means for Netflix Users - Benton - 02-10-2017, 12:59 AM