Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
White people triggered over Netflix!
(02-11-2017, 11:28 AM)Benton Wrote: i thought the 'white people are evil elitists' genre was already saturated.

I'm a fan of free speech. And art. But if the directors goal was to bridge any kind of racial divide by making people feel uncomfortable, he's late to the table . Right now, I reckon people of different races feel more uncomfortable than at any time over the last 30-40 years. And that's on both sides. I've talked to minorities who say they feel like they're not supposed to engage white people any more, and white people who feel like they are supposed to elevate someone just because they're a different race. It makes both pretty uncomfortable.

This is why I always stop to read a post of yours.  This could not be more accurate.  In my office I'm one of two white people, the other being a woman.  We all talk about this subject all the time.  Maybe it's the nature of our job that racial differences don't mean much, if anything, to us and we're actually able to discuss the subject with humor and without rancor.  I've raised this point before, but if you replace "white" with any other ethnicity" does your statement, title, whatever, sound racist.  If it does then it was racist to begin with.

(02-11-2017, 11:34 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'd like to say that matters to me, but it doesn't.

That is why you fail.  It's also why the Democratic party failed.

Quote:If just making this series from a three year old movie has upset a bunch of racists I'm all for it.  

Yes, if the title of this show upsets you it can only be because you're a racist.  This, again, is why the Democratic party fails.  People are sick of being told they're racist because they have a different opinion.

Quote:Not because it causes any kind of greater divide.  No sir.  But because it shows people are on both sides of the divide (but near it) all the whack jobs who are running away from it screaming.  Both sides.

If a black tells someone that can never trust white people and to attack them....they need called out on that too.

Let me know when that starts happening.

Quote:The people who don't understand that we can just treat each other as equals and hate each other for real reasons other than skin tone deserve to be upset.

It's a comedy series.  On Netflix.

If Presidential policy doesn't upset people this shouldn't either.   ThumbsUp

I don't give a shot about this show but you're no more entitled to tell someone they can't be annoyed or upset by it then anyone else could be telling someone they can't be annoyed by a Milo speech or Rush Limbaugh.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: White people triggered over Netflix! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-11-2017, 01:14 PM