Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And now we know the underlying reason..
(02-12-2017, 01:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now, I can understand your impulse to buy into the notion that the World needs to change it's economic model, because we are destroying the planet and all.  But, have you all ever taken the time to consider that volcanic activity has much more of a dramatic effect on the CO2 volume than anything that man can produce?

Volcanoes.

Two things. First, this argument doesn't stand an intellectual test. Volcanoes were around all the time and long before the industrial revolution started. So their CO2 output is a more or less contant input to a natural CO2 cycle.
Our output, however, is not.
Second, and this is way more important, the argument is factually wrong too. Volcanoes only contribute about 1% of CO2 that humans emit. 1% of our output. That's all.

AS for your quote. I fail to see an "underlying reason" for a "climate change lie". I see an observation and a possible danger - followed by a logical consequence to avoid that danger. As you said, we eff up the climate and the oceans (observation, danger), hence we need to change our ways (logical consequence). It's not evil to see things that way.

You just do not want to change your ways, I accuse! That forms your opinion on climate change. And it's just that - an opinion, shaped by wishful thinking and political stance, not by facts. If I need to trust someone to be un-opinionated, I choose the scientists over people who cite volcanoes to debunk a ridiculous lie all the time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: And now we know the underlying reason.. - hollodero - 02-12-2017, 10:51 AM